2. Collection of your personal information
You may register for an Account by
- providing certain personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") such as, and as applicable, your name, your e-mail address, and your Phone Number, or
- by allowing us to access your name and other profile information through existing accounts you may have on sites including, but not limited to, Google, Slack, or Dropbox (collectively, the "Account Websites", and each of your profiles on such Account Websites, an "Account Profile").
When you create a new account to use the Services we will solicit your consent to connect your Google account to your new Dashworks account (using Google's OAuth authentication method), thereby providing us with access to your Google account, including but not limited to email, Contacts, and Calendar and Files. Although the OAuth authentication provides broad access to your Google account, Dashworks accesses and stores a subset of data from your Google account, including name, email address, calendar content, contacts, files and company domain directory, to provide you with our Services. Dashworks' use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Any information that can readily identify a person is considered "Personal Information." It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information, including Personal Information, and to keep such information up to date. We will not be responsible for any problems or liability related to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information, whether due to your failure to update such Personal Information or otherwise. If you register for an Account through the use of an Account Profile, you will not be required to directly provide us with any Personal Information as we use the information you have already provided to the Account Website in registering for an account with such Account Website and which you have allowed the Account Website to share with us, including, but not limited to, your first name, your Account Website user profile picture, and the networks to which you belong.
In addition to the Personal Information, we may additionally collect the following information from Users (collectively with Personal Information, the "Information"): - information from publicly accessible sources;
- your visit to or use of the Site and Services, such as webpages viewed, links clicked and other similar navigation action in connection with the Site; and
- certain standard browser information, such as your browser type, IP address, and access times.
In using and/or accessing the Services, you expressly authorize us to collect and use your Information in connection with the Services. You further acknowledge and agree that we may, but are not obligated to, maintain copies of your Information indefinitely, or delete any or all Information, at our sole discretion. You can ask us to delete the personal information we have collected from you. We may be required or permitted by law to deny your request. When you receive promotional e-mails or newsletters from Dashworks, if any, we may use customized links or similar technologies to determine whether such newsletters or e-mail has been opened and which links you click. This information is used to provide you more focused e-mail communications and/or other information.
3. Use of your personal information
4. Disclosing of your personal information to third parties
- We may hire other companies to provide limited administrative and communication services on our behalf, such as hosting Sites, the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, or providing credit card processing services. We have the right to disclose your Personal Information to these third party companies for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site's features, functions and operations. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only such Personal Information as necessary for them to deliver the respective services, and we do not authorize these companies to use your Personal Information except for the sole purpose of providing those services requested by Dashworks.
- You understand and agree that we may access and/or disclose Personal Information about you and/or your Account without your prior consent if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with legal process or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Dashworks (including the enforcement of our agreements); (iii) enforce the Terms of Service; (v) operate or conduct maintenance and repair of the Site or equipment as authorized by law; (vi) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or members of the public; or (v) comply with a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, transfer of control, joint venture of other business combination. We are not required to question or contest the validity of any search warrant, subpoena or other similar governmental request that we receive.
5. Security of your personal information
The Personal Information we collect is securely stored within our database, and we use standard, industry-wide practices such as firewalls, encryption, and (in certain areas) Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to Dashworks over the Internet. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.
6. Collection and use of children's personal information
The Site and the Services are intended for general audiences, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children.
7. Information collected automatically
8. E-mail communications
Upon registration for an Account or using the Services, we may send you daily or weekly e-mails. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and include sufficient information for us to identify your account, including your name, email address and the specifics of your request. However, after you unsubscribe to cease receiving e-mails, we may still contact you via e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including messages regarding the administration of your Account and/or any services or events to which you have registered.