Last Updated: August 15, 2023
Dashworks is committed to protecting the privacy of its Users whose information is collected and stored while using Dashworks’ Platform through our Website or App. Dashworks provides a product, Dash AI to help companies integrate distributed and remote team collaboration tools. Dash AI is a central hub for all functions in a company to collaborate and align by using AI to tie together knowledge that is scattered across all company cloud apps. Dash AI is an intelligent AI assistant that can accomplish tasks based on connected sources, instantly answer work-related questions, summarize documents and emails, and generate content based on company knowledge ("Service(s)"). Dash AI is extensible on Slack, secure and private Dash AI.
The capitalized terms have the same meaning as ascribed in our Terms of Service as applicable, unless otherwise noted here.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, NOR DO WE INTEND TO DO SO. WE DO NOT GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES EXCEPT TO SUBPROCESSORS TO ASSIST US IN THE PROVISION OF OUR SERVICES TO YOU.
- TERRITORIAL RESTRICTION
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you register to use our Website and Platform, we collect personal information (also referred to as personally identifiable information or “PII”) which may include your name, address, online contact information such as your email address or username, and other personal information. The information so collected will be stored on our servers. You are able to change your personal information via email by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through your profile or account settings on our Website and Platform.
- Geolocation and Equipment Information. We may collect information that does not personally identify you such as (i) your geolocation, and (ii) information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and Platform, and usage details.
- User Content: When you use our Services, we collect Personal Information that is included in the input, file uploads, or feedback that you provide to our Services (“Content”).
- HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- At registration on our Website and Platform;
- From search queries on our Website and Platform; and
- When you post information to be published or displayed on our Website and Platform.
We collect information from you automatically when you navigate through our Website and Platform in the following ways:
- Usage details;
- IP addresses; and
- Information obtained through browser cookies.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information that you provide to:
- Personalize your experience in using our Platform;
- Provide you with information, products, or services requested from us;
- Present our Website and Platform and their contents to you;
- Provide you with notices about account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Carry out obligations and enforce rights arising from contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- Notify you about changes to our Website and Platform and any products or services; and
- Send you periodic emails, in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 as detailed in Section 15, via the email address provided by you to (i) send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions; (ii) process orders and send information and updates pertaining to such orders; (iii) send additional information related to your product and/or service; and (iv) market to our mailing list or continue to send email to you after the original transaction has occurred.
Aggregated or De-Identified Information. We may aggregate or de-identify Personal Information so that it may no longer be used to identify you and use such information to analyze the effectiveness of our Services, to improve and add features to our Services, to conduct research and for other similar purposes. We will maintain and use de-identified information in anonymous or de-identified form and we will not attempt to reidentify the information, unless required by law.
a. Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for our website to function properly. They ensure security, enable basic navigation, and remember your preferences, such as language settings.
b. Analytics Cookies: We use these cookies to gather anonymized, aggregated data on website usage, which helps us understand how users interact with our site and improve its overall performance.
Managing your cookie preferences: You can manage your cookie preferences through your browser settings, where you can delete or block cookies. However, disabling essential cookies may affect your ability to use certain features on our website.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Our Website and App are reasonably scanned to meet or exceed PCI Compliance. Our Website and App receive regular security scans and penetration tests. Our Website and App also receive regular malware scans. In addition, our Website and App use an SSL certificate as an added security measure. We require username and passwords for our employees who can access your personal information that we store and/or process on our Platform and servers. In addition, we actively prevent third parties from getting access to your personal information that we store and/or process on our Platform and servers. We accept payment by credit card through a third party credit card processor on our behalf. We will implement reasonable security measures every time you (a) place an order, or (b) enter, submit, or access your information, (c) register, or (d) access our Platform, on our Website and App.
- DATA SECURITY MEASURES.
- Security Measures. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website and Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website and Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website and Platform.
- Fair Information Practice Principles. In the event of a personal data breach, we will notify you within 72 hours via (i) email and/or (ii) our Platform notification system on our Website and/or App. We agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are times when we may share Personal Information that you have shared with us may be shared by Dashworks with others to enable us to provide you over Services, including contractors, service providers, and third parties (“Partners”). This section discusses only how Dashworks may share such information with Partners. We will ensure that our Partners protect your Personal Information. The following describe how and with whom we may share your Personal Information:
- Disclosure of Personal Information.
- We may disclose aggregated, de-personalized information about you that does not identify any individual to other parties without restriction, such as for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- We may disclose personal information in the event of a merger, sale of business, etc.
- We disclose personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you have provided it, for instance, if you gave us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Platform. and
- Other Disclosure of Personal Information.
- We will disclose personal information (i) to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, (ii) to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, (iii) if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dashworks, our customers or others, and/or (iv) if it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dashworks, our customers, or others, and this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Third Party Disclosure.
- We do not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise transfer personal information to others, unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include our hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Website and Platform, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We do not provide non-personally identifiable visitor information for marketing purposes.
- Choices Users Have About How Dashworks Uses and Discloses Information.
- GOOGLE ADSENSE AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We have implemented advertising features on our Website and Platform including: (a) remarketing with Google AdSense; (b) Google Display Network Impression Reporting; (c) Google Demographics and Interests Reporting; and (d) Google’s DoubleClick platform integration.
We use these Cookies to compile data regarding User interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website.
- FOR OUR EUROPEAN CUSTOMERS AND VISITORS
We are headquartered in the United States. Most of the operations are located in the United States. Your Personal Information, which you give to us during registration or use of our Website and Platform, may be accessed by or transferred to us in the United States. If you are visiting our Web site or registering for our Services from outside the United States, be aware that your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. Our servers or our third-party hosting services partners are located in the United States. By using our site, you consent to any transfer of your Personal Information out of Europe, UK, or Switzerland for processing in the US or other countries.
If you are a resident of or a visitor to Europe, you have certain rights with respect to the processing of your Personal Data, as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Please note that in some circumstances, we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision. As used herein, “Personal Data” means any information that identifies you as an individual, such as name, address, email address, IP address, phone number, business address, business title, business email address, company, etc.
- Our GDPR Compliance Commitment. We agree to fully comply with the letter and the spirit of the GDPR and the New SCCs with respect to the transfer or your Personal Data for Processing outside the EU. As a Data Importer, a User may contact us as set forth in Section 19 below with respect to the Personal Data we store and process on you. WE HEREBY NOTIFY YOU THAT WE WILL BE PROCESSING, AS DEFINED IN THE GDPR, THE PERSONAL DATA OF YOUR AUTHORIZED USERS (I.E., THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHOM YOU HAVE AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS OUR PLATFORM AND TO USE OUR SERVICES) IN THE US FOR US TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES TO YOU THAT WE HAVE AGREED TO DO IN OUR DEFINITIVE SERVICE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND US. Upon request, we will provide you with a list of your Personal Data that we will process and a copy of the New SCCs under which we will transport your Personal Data for processing.
- We hereby warrant that, at the time of agreeing to the SCCs for the transport of your Personal Data, we have no reason to believe that the laws and practices applicable to us as a data processor and a data importer, including those of the US are not in line with the requirements of the New SCCs.
- If we cannot satisfy any request or dispute to your satisfaction, we will agree to arbitrate or litigate the dispute in the EU jurisdiction in which your reside.
- We will only transfer your Personal Data to a third country in accordance with documented instructions from you.
- Your Personal Data will be transferred and stored in an encryption format.
- Only our employees, who have a need to access your Personal Data to enable us to meet our contractual and legal obligations to you, will be given access to your Personal Data.
- Such employees will be given a User Name and Password to access your Personal Data.
- We will keep an automated record of all persons who have accessed your Personal Data.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Information we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Information.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Information, we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Information for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Information from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Information.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Information in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, it may limit your ability to use some/ all of our Services or Platform and you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Information, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services and Platform.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Information with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State. Please go to https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm to locate your Data Protection Authority in the EU. You may contact the UK’s Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint or by telephone: 0303 123 1113.
- We will respond to your inquiry within thirty (30) days of the receipt.
SERVICES LIKE DASH AI GENERATE RESPONSES BY READING A USER’S REQUEST AND, IN RESPONSE, PREDICTING THE WORDS MOST LIKELY TO APPEAR NEXT. IN SOME CASES, THE WORDS MOST LIKELY TO APPEAR NEXT MAY NOT BE THE MOST FACTUALLY ACCURATE. FOR THIS REASON, YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THE FACTUAL ACCURACY OF OUTPUT FROM OUR MODELS. IF YOU NOTICE THAT DASH AI OUTPUT CONTAINS FACTUALLY INACCURATE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOU WOULD LIKE US TO CORRECT THE INACCURACY, YOU MAY SUBMIT A CORRECTION REQUEST TO PRIVACY@DASHWORKS.AI. GIVEN THE TECHNICAL COMPLEXITY OF HOW OUR SERVICES WORK, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CORRECT THE INACCURACY IN EVERY INSTANCE. IN THAT CASE, YOU MAY REQUEST THAT WE REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM DASH AI’S OUTPUT BY EMAILING PRIVACY@DASHWORKS.AI.
- FOR OUR CANADIAN USERS
- Definition of Personal Information. Any information about an identifiable individual. Whatever may be the physical form or characteristics of a particular regime for “business contact information” (name, position, title, address, professional phone number, etc.)
- Right to Access Personal Information. You can request to access your personal information we hold about you. We will first confirm whether you have requested such information, explain how we have used your information, provide a list of names with whom your information has been shared and provide a copy of your information in an accessible format and make alternative formats available if requested.
- Right to Correction/Limited Right to Deletion. You can request us to correct or delete your information IF you demonstrate that the personal information, we hold on you is inaccurate. We will delete or correct your information within thirty (30) calendar days. When we delete/correct your personal information we will inform the third parties with whom we have shared your information.
- Right to be Forgotten. Your information will be kept with us for as long as it is required for the fulfillment of the purposes of Dashworks platform. Unless we otherwise give you notice, we will retain your Information on the Dashworks Platform on your behalf until such times as you or we terminate your User Account.
- Data Breach Notification. We will send a notification to you as soon as feasible regarding the information of any breach that creates a “real risk of significant harm” to you. We keep a record of every data breach and, on request, provide the Office of the Privacy Commissioner with access to the record.
- Canadian Privacy Officer. We have appointed a Canadian Privacy and Data Protection Officer, Prasad Kawthekar (email@example.com) to make sure the privacy rights of our Canadian users are protected in compliance with PIPEDA.
- Two Factor Authentication. You may enable two-factor authentication on your account to help ensure that only you can access your account. If you do, in addition to entering your password to log in to your account to access the Dashworks Platform, we will send a code to your mobile number, which you will need to enter. This added security prevents anyone else from accessing your Dashworks account unless they have access to your login information.
- OTHER PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Your California Privacy Rights: Dashworks does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your “Personal Information” as the term is defined under the California Civil Code Section § 1798.82(h). Additionally, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits Users of our Website and Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request for such disclosure, or identification and/or deletion of Personal Information in all our systems that we store on you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Dashworks, 300 Brannan Street, Suite 403, San Francisco, CA 94105. Note that (i) if we delete your Personal Information as requested, we will no longer be able to provide our services to you and (ii) we may need to keep such Personal Information for a while during the shutting down and billing process. If you would like to discuss our Personal Information storage and processing process with us, please send us an email at email@example.com or write us at Dashworks, 300 Brannan Street, Suite 403, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Massachusetts. The Massachusetts Data Protection Law (201 CMR 17.00), sets standards for the protection of personal information of residents of Massachusetts. Residents of Massachusetts have the following rights under Massachusetts law (i) the right to request access to their personal information that is held by us and to receive a copy of that information; (ii) the right to request the correction of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information; (iii) the right to request that we delete your personal information; (iv) the right to opt-out of the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes; (v) the right to be notified in the event of a data breach involving their personal information; and (vi); the right to Opt-in for collection, use or disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. Further, you have the right to file a complaint with the Massachusetts attorney general if you believe we have violated the Massachusetts Data Protection Law by calling (617) 727-8400 or filing a complaint at https://www.mass.gov/how-to/file-a-consumer-complaint.
- New York: The New York Privacy Act sets strict rules about how businesses must handle consumers’ personal information and gives individuals new rights concerning data. New York residents have the rights to (i) access, correct, deletion, and disclosure regarding your Personal Information; and (ii) know what personal information is being collected about them, how it is being used, and with whom it is being shared.
To exercise any of the rights mentioned in Section 13, please (i) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or (ii) write to us at Privacy Officer, 300 Brannan Street, Suite 403, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Note that (i) if we delete your Personal Information as requested, we will no longer be able to provide our services to you and (ii) we may need to keep such Personal Information for a while during the shutting down and billing process. We have appointed a Privacy and Data Protection Officer, Praty Sharma to make sure the privacy rights of our Users are protected.
- COPPA COMPLIANCE (FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13 USERS ONLY)
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) is a federal legislation that applies to entities that collect and store “Personal Information,” as the term is defined under COPPA, from children under the age of 13. We are committed to ensure compliance with COPPA. Our Website and Platform are not meant for use by children under the age of 13. Our Website and Platform do not target children under the age of 13, but we do not age-screen or otherwise prevent the collection, use, and personal disclosure of persons identified as under 13. If you would like to know more about our practices and specifically our practices in relation to COPPA compliance, please email us at email@example.com.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBSITE AND PLATFORM.
- CAN-SPAM ACT OF 2003
The CAN-SPAM Act establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have businesses stop emailing them, and spells out penalties for violations. Per the CAN-SPAM Act, we will:
- not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- identify the email message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- include the physical address of Dashworks, which is 300 Brannan Street, Suite 403, San Francisco, CA 94105;
- monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
- give an “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” option.
If you wish to opt out of email marketing, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from all future marketing correspondences.
- LIST OF THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
- Amazon Web Services Inc. (North Virginia, US) . Website: https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/aws-phone-support/. Address: 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210
- Stripe, Inc. . Email: email@example.com . Address: 510 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Google Cloud. Website: firstname.lastname@example.org . Telephone: (855) 817-0841
- Segment. Website: https://segment.com/help/. Address: 100 California St #700, San Francisco, CA 94111
- Amplitude. Website: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us. Address: 201 3rd Street, Suite 200. San Francisco, CA 94103
Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns about our third-party service providers, please email us at email@example.com.
- COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT/DMCA NOTICE
If you believe that any content on our Website and Platform violates your copyright, and you wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA Takedown Notice”) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent.
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material on our Website and Platform that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- Sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Dashworks’ Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is Prasad Kawthekar, at firstname.lastname@example.org, at Dashworks, Attn: DMCA Notice, 300 Brannan Street, Suite 403, San Francisco, CA 94105. You acknowledge that for us to be authorized to take down any content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all the requirements of this Section. Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by Dashworks in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
- CONTACT US
- Privacy Officer: Praty Sharma
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Dashworks, 300 Brannan Street, Suite 403, San Francisco, CA 94107